Thursday, September 20, 2012

 My passion for watercolors can be compared to a frog for a healthy fly, or maybe a farmer for rain. I love working the farm and painting. With this blog I hope to help other watercolorist with my experiences.


Expereince 1# Know your paint.

It sounds crazy but if you will take the time to do a few exercises with your paint it will help you be better at mixing. Below is a grid of the colors that I use. I drew lines going down the paper. Making sure to leave a 1/4 in. gap. Then painted the colors and labeled them. The next day I came back to do the same procedure sideways.    
The grid has helped me see which colors move more, granulate when mixed, and are opaque. Since I am a visual person, I can glance up and see my chart. This also shows me which colors to mix for nice deep grays.   Well hope this helps. God Bless




No comments:

Post a Comment