Friday, October 12, 2012

Planting Fever

All the farmers I know have caught it. Symptoms include the hurry-up-and-get-it-done attitude, staying out late, dusty clothes, and if rain comes the pace-your-house-til-the-field-dries-out.  Don't worry if farming does not run in your blood than don't worry because you can't catch it.

Around here planting fever comes around winter wheat season but I hear it hits other areas during different planting times during a year. The nice part comes in about two weeks (if we are lucky and without break downs) the fever breaks and life returns to normal, as normal as a farmer's life can be.
Well I did steal a little time away to work in my studio  I add the wheat in the forground and made it get smaller as it got further back. This is turning out cool.

I added some washes to help set the tone down but it made a mess. Well let it dry and think about how to fix. All mistakes lead to success with time.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment