Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Looking at the Sketchbook


 
Many artist have trouble looking to find a sketchbook that works for them. I am no different. Being a farmers wife makes my needs more of a plein air artist than a studio artist. I work from the truck many times a month. So I will show you my life, brain and everything else.
My sketchbook is home made. Not something new to me. I have made sketchbooks for years. I love controlling the look and use of the book. I like to choose the paper I put in them.  Maybe I am a control freak but I need something that works.
My latest creation is more of a three ring binder approach. I like this because I can lighten the load of paper I carry and save the work and notes that I made somewhere else. I add paper as needed and take out old stuff to put in a storage binder as needed. The covers are Masonite or hardboard. I recycle an old college project to use them. They hold up to the elements, and my daughter Calamity Jane. It also makes drawing in the truck nice to have a hard surface to work with. I have used this while walking across the hay bales and making notes.
Over the next blog I will show you the guts of my sketchbook.
Check out my eBay Christmas Ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment