Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Painting in the Rain

    Last week I could have told you that the all our hay would be dry and gone by today. God granted a lot of farmers their prayers. It started raining Sunday morning and has not stopped.
     My girl was singing rain, rain go away... I told her to start singing rain, rain stay stay stay. Her dad laughed and told her it could rain til he was pushing water with his trucks bumper.
   While it rains outside I paint to the rhythm of the water falling. After taking my time to draw it out. I used aquafix to make my line work stand out. When it was dry I masked off the highlights.
Here you can see me working on makeing the under painting.
A few tips on this. 
1. make is bright. It will tone down with the glaze on it.
2. Don't forget grays. The dark areas should have a touch of gray. To achieve this add the complementary color into the shadows. 
3 Leave paper showing. This is the highlights in the art. The Glaze is all that it needs there. 

  
 I worked on the tractor first and then the background.

The grass should be curved in all directions. I also try to use the trees to curve your eye back to the focal point.


No comments:

Post a Comment