Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Painting Harvest

 Last week it was warm enough to crawl into the ponds. Just watch out for the turtles they bite. Even the old cows knew when to cool off. This week it has been almost cool. The coldest 4th of July yet.
 I wanted to show you this old tractor because I went and helped my brother pack to move yesterday. Just by luck I saw it hiding in a pole barn. Now I have another  tractor for a painting. Moral of the story, Always look for the next painting.

 I started working on an old gleaner and truck this week. The old 70 model Ford and Gleaner Combine make a great image. I also wanted to show you how I work. You can see my NOOK on the table that I use to reference pictures. It allows me to zoom and get details that a photograph would not.
I worked on the under layer of the combine Trying to bring in the bright colors because gray is a dull color you want to really push the undertones of the drawing.
Here I have almost got all the undertones done on the combine. I hope to have this one up on eBay by Thursday July 4. We will see.

Have a great 4th of July and Remember to thank the people that helped keep it this way. Be Safe ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment