Thursday, July 18, 2013

Painting a John Deere

This is crazy. My Brother's girlfriend went to the farm store and left her two blue healers on the back of the truck. Nothing new, they are well behaved and stay. When she comes out the girl blue healer is all bristled up and the boy is no where to be seen. She drives all over town and finally gives up looking for him. On her way to a small town near by, She see her dog in a mans passenger seat. She yells at him to come and he loads on her truck. The man speeds off. That is crazy.

I am going to work backwards today. My first tip is never miss a chance to photograph clouds or landscapes that you like. You can use them. These clouds were last night.

  I am going to talk about Waiting by the Gate. I want to show you what I had and how it came together. This is the tractor that I used. So I had to work around his decorations and find a better background.
 When I went through my landscapes this is what caught my eye. I liked the layers of depth and the barn in the back.
When I put it together I moved the picture over so it looked like this was beside the gate. I put some background with it but I used the reference pictures above to paint from. Also I worked with what I knew the light would do. One picture was taken on a bright day about noon and the other was a afternoon about six. SO I had to make the lighting look right on it all.


When it is all said and done here was the finished product. Waiting by the gate is $ 180 , Watercolor Sealed on Aquabord at 18 X 14 inches. Contact me if your interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment