Friday, January 4, 2013

Life as a river

This year I am trying to plan for this next year. I do not like to call these my resolutions because goal is a nicer word. I try to project what I would like to do. Doing so I set down to think. Let me share
Goals and dreams will present themselves the way they should but I must dream, hope, believe, and have faith that what I want to happen is in God's plans. Life is a challenge of events not plans. Rarely are pregnancy planned and a baby changes everything even when planned. Then Life gets in the way and ten or fifteen years goes by before anyone is the wiser. You then are left with a dusty trail and a dream that never sprouted. Dreams are made when you set that small time aside and work at it. That ten minutes or one TV show can make your dream a oak tree or leave it an acorn.
Life is the river, it does not stop or slow down. It widens, we all do, and sometimes shrinks but keeps going. At times it feels like the speed will drown you; at others it will never change. Unlike that river we choose its path, not the world. We can climb to the top or fall to the bottom. We can crush those around us as we climb or help them with kindness. We are the only person to make the choice.

It easily is drown out by life, kids, spouse, TV, computers, and phones.  Put everyone to bed tonight or have them join you and just write yourself a note, don't worry about what to say write what comes to mind. Put it away until next January and see where the river of life has taken you.

No comments:

Post a Comment