Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Working with the old A

Well Starting with this sketch of the Old Model A John Deere. I used this sketch to show me where the highlights were and to transfer it to the canvas. My daughter decided this was a good picture to paint herself and used the copy of my sketch to paint her OWN tractor.

Since I am left handed, I try to start from the right side and work left. You do this when you draw and when I paint. The contraption that is on the back of the tractor is a home made rig made by my husband's grandfather to roll up electric fence. Grandpa would roll up the fence to harvest and plant wheat and then put the hot wire down the terrace to spilt the wheat field into about seven areas. He would then rotate the areas where the cows could be.
 


When it was all done it turned out great. A few good washes over all my colors to make it look uniformed. I went in and scrubbed out the tractor to help make it shine. a little.

Click Here to start bidding on it at eBay. Auction start Thursday for only a penny.



Good Luck and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment