Monday, June 17, 2013

A Busy week of Farming

Our plans were to harvest wheat when my husband took off. His job ask in January what full week do you want off. He looked at June and said this should be harvest. Well the old saying goes "If you wanna hear God Laugh tell him your plans."

That week spent time raining. Just enough not to get in the field. So we took our little girl to the zoo and the museums. It was a blast and for us a great little time away from our daily grind.  Above it the Railroad Museum in Oklahoma City. It is free and you get to climb all over old cars and engines. It was fun. Below is my girls favorite animal. She loves turtles.

When we got back, Harvest started. We cut Saturday and it rained Saturday night. We waited till Tuesday after work and started. It stayed dry just long enough to get the wheat out of the field. No joke we finished Friday at midnight and it rained the next morning.

I will not complain about rain because we were about 16 inches short in May. Ponds are not near where they should be and lakes are a puddle around here.
My husband and girl checking the grain bin on the combine to see if  it is empty.
Well time is running short. Don't Forget that on Friday this week is the end of the Horse and Colt.


I will just keep praising God for what we do receive.

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalms 42:5

No comments:

Post a Comment