Monday, June 3, 2013

Horsing around with Paint

With planting millet, spraying pastures, and preparing the combine for wheat harvest, night comes too fast and are too long. We have so many things that must be done for this is the high of the farming season.
 Here I was sweeping out the last of the millet. I promise when it sprouts I will show you. I hate to vacuum  the house but the grain drill is nice. Once it is clean it stays clean til you use it next year. We sweep it out to keep it from clogging with sprouted seed and so we can drill wheat next fall without millet being sewed in among the wheat.
 Not a great picture of me but you can see that I use a shop vac and just lean in and get it done.
 When I got done with my chores, I had time to paint. Since the weather was nice I worked in the shade outside at the farm. You have probably read that I paint between the seconds. This is that time. My hubby did not need me to help him spray, my daughter was napping with BiBi (Grandma) so this was my first few seconds.

Now I am no horse expert. Yes, I was raised on a farm but my family did not have horses except for the meanest Shetland pony around. It's main goal was to dump you off so it could go back to grazing. Me being under five years old was a easy target. With this in mind, I do not know if this is a fine quality horse but I just loved the way she stood by her colt and protected it from the crazy lady with the camera (me).
A neighbor has a herd of horses close by. When this mare had her baby I just couldn't help to catch a few pictures when she finally brought her near the fence.
 I have taken some more time to flesh out the colt and mare. I will show you how the glazing looks tomorrow.

Don't forget, Finishing a Day is on eBay. 

Click here for the link.

Do you give the horse its strength
    or clothe its neck with a flowing mane? Job 39:19

No comments:

Post a Comment