Monday, June 10, 2013

Wheat Harvest and Rain




 The old weather joke goes: If you are flooding expect more rain, if it is hotter than Hateis, it will get hotter. If it is dry, no rain is in store, and if it is windy put a rock in your pocket because it will blow harder tomorrow.

The joke is almost true around these parts. We have a pretty crop of wheat standing in the field and it has been so wet we can not harvest.


On Sunday we got into the field about four in the evening only to have it rain that night. Here is my husband on the antique combine that still runs. His grandpa custom cut and cut about 600 acres of his own wheat a year with it when it was new.
Harvest is a family affair. We all have our part to do. My daughter helped my mom take the guys a sandwich that night in the field. Supper many times is about six, a sandwich and about ten that night, they are hungry for a meal. This photograph was taken by my mom. She has her camera at all times. Well I will have something maybe on Thursday on eBay. Watch my Facebook page to see when the next auction will start. Wheat Harvest trumps all things in our life. God Bless 

No comments:

Post a Comment