Monday, May 13, 2013

Just a Day at the Pump.

Well today I have been able to paint and take pictures. Last night we got some rain which is overly needed here.
I got a great deal done today and I will apologize for taking these in the wrong setting making them all yellow. I have went back to using a aquafix with ultramarine blue and crimson to make an outline. Here it shows my outline and the first start to my painting.

When I got into the groove of painting I forgot to slow down for pictures. Here I have added the tin roof. Wetting the front of the building I dropped yellow  ocher into it to give it an worn out look. I added madden brown and umber to added to the age.

Painting all the windows in you need to vary the color to make it look like glass. So I line one side with blue and then add water to the other making it pool and move. I took my time adding the lines in for the slates. Just enough you know they are there and not every line is needed.

Here I worked on the porch adding some ocher to warm up the under side and help unify the top of the building to the bottom. Also using Payne's gray helps to create the shadows form the porch. I also went ahead and added the grass to make it look unused. Leave some white showing to show highlights in the foliage.




No comments:

Post a Comment