Thursday, May 9, 2013

Painting a Case Tractor and Barn

            With a pretty Saturday on track I convinced my mom for us to go picture taking. Grandma wanted out of the house so we made this a foursome with my little girl. With cameras in hand we spent a few hours in the wildlife refuge a few miles from home. On the way home we took a different route.
           



        As Mom drove the back road we scouted for awesome pictures. Then I saw this barn. It was just amazing sitting on top of a hill behind a farm house. As I opened my mouth to ask mom to stop, her Exploder, as we lovingly call it, (explorer) exploded. Stranded until dad could get out of the field to rescue us, I wandered across the road into the bar ditch and took the picture from about a mile away. The barn just called to be painted. Standing on the hill it looked as if the years could just paint a story for me.

            A week or so later as I went to my husband’s farm this Case set on the hill, like a tractor that owned the world. It had the atmosphere, of here I am, now paint me.

             I combined the two images to make a painting that I thought would talk. I reworked the lighting so that they would work together.

            When I started painting I got so caught up in the process that I did not stop till I was done. It was one of those days I just painted my day away. I really wish I would have remembered to show you how I did it. Yet, life goes on. Here she is,
"Honor the Lord with your wealth,
    with the first fruits of all your crops;

10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,

nd your vats will brim over with new wine." Proverbs  3:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment