Friday, May 3, 2013

SHHHH! I am Hunting for the Next Painting


I do not know about you but there are days I pull myself away from a canvas and then go "Now what?" What is the next artwork I will create? It is hard to keep the creatyivity going in some ways. So I have a few tips to help you to keep running into that image.

  1. Carry a Camera
 All the time. Sometimes I remember to take my camera before I remember my kid. (Hey at least she can remind me to help her in the car) I am teasing. I also carry a fisher price camera for her so we can take pictures together. At three she not always get great pictures but has a blast taking pictures like Mommy. The camera is a document of what you see daily. It never fails I will go a week without one picture and then on one day I will take thirty images.
  1. Take a Different Route
My dad started this in me when I was small. We went from our house in town to the farm 30 miles away. Many times he would say “Lets see what’s down here” and turn a corner. He knew those back roads in his sleep but I would be fearful of getting lost. He said “If you know which way is west than you can find the farm.”
I learned to find a different view you find a different road. Yes I have been down lots of dead ends and had to turn around but I always made it home without GPS. (but sometimes I did call for directions)
  1. Zoom in
How many artists do not have an arsenal of photographs? I mean if photographs were rain than I would have an ocean. When I need a new artwork sometimes I just go through my pictures and play with the zoom. I find artwork I did not realize was there.

Hope this helps you out of a rut. I have just finished Greener on the Other side. I am now working a Case tractor.

Check out Greener on the Other Side on eBay.






No comments:

Post a Comment